Detoxification is the process of removing these toxins from our body, and is essential for a healthy life.
There are many ways to enhance the detoxification process enabling us to decrease the stress of these toxins on our bodies. One way is to do an annual cleanse.
For those that are experiencing the above problems on a more severe level, a deeper program may be needed. I have put together a five part total body rejuvenation program that cleanses one organ system at a time :
1. The 21 Day Purification Cleanse
We start in the gut because it is true that 75-80% of your immune system is in your GI tract. We must make sure the GI tract is working correctly in order to flush the toxins from all the other organ systems. The first 21 days include a diet modification by removing refined sugars, gluten and dairy from your diet. This cleanse focuses specifically on the major detoxification organs in your body such as the large & small intestines, the kidneys and the liver.
2. Parasite Cleanse
Now that the GI tract is functioning correctly, we move to the Parasite Cleanse. Believe it or not parasites are very common in the US and can be picked up from biting out fingernails, eating sushi or letting your dog lick your face. Kids pick up parasites all the time from playing in the dirt. We treat our dogs and cats annually for worms, why not ourselves?
3. Kidney Flush
The Kidneys not only play a large part in eliminating waste from our system, they also regulate your blood pressure, maintain fluid and electrolyte balance, activates Vitamin D, and maintain an acid-alkaline base balance. By doing a kidney cleansing, you help to cleanse the toxin built-up from the kidneys and the bladder. A clean kidney works optimally in its function to filter out pollutants, drugs, chemicals and other harmful materials. When you do a kidney cleanse, you also help to eliminate urinary tract infections and dissolve kidney stones.
4. Liver/Gallbladder Flush
The Liver is perhaps the most important organ for vital health. I like to refer to the Liver as our oil filter. The liver gets congested with daily exposure to toxins and this is often the cause of weight gain, hormone issues, acne and skin rashes. The gallbladder can harbor stones that inhibit fat metabolizing in your system, equaling in weight gain as well. Keeping the liver and gallbladder clear and flushing stones through this detox makes for a happy elimination system.
5. Infection Cleanse
The tendency to catch every cold or flu going around is linked to a weak immune system harboring infections. This portion of the cleanse will address and pull out deep viral, bacterial, and fungal infections that may be causing our immune system to stay suppressed. You will see inflammation and pain in joints decrease, and vitality and energy return through this portion. After completing this full body rejuvenation program your skin will clear up, mysterious aches and pains will go away, your GI tract will be happy flowing smoothly, kidney stones will dissolve, extra abdominal weight will decrease, the puffiness around your eyes will go down, and that excess water weight will flush. Doing an annual flush like this one will increase years on your life and organs, as well increase your energy, vitality, and enthusiasm for life!
21 Day Purification Video
Here are a few testimonials from past participants.
The first day I started the infection cleanse my left thigh became quite tender as if I had worked out. I remember Dr. Weine telling us about old injuries, etc being affected by this part of the cleanse. I had injured my right knee and subsequently my left leg to the blunt of it. The second day on the infection cleanse I started limping. My left thigh was so tender. I noticed that I wasn’t even using my muscles correctly in that leg. After about 3 days the inflammation and pain went away. ~ d.k.
This was my third year on the cleanse and the addition of the extra cleansing protocols kept me on track longer. I released more weight this time, a total of 13 pounds and I now have much greater energy. It felt really good to me to clean up one organ system after another; I was able to notice how each area affected the whole. The Compassionate Clearing aspect of the cleanse added more depth to the process. I was able to feel many of the shifts in my body due to greater sensitivity and less toxic waste in my body after each of the physical cleanses. I feel I can continue this lifestyle change with ease. The 2010 Cleanse delivered more than what I expected! – Charlotte Sternkind
It was a very supportive environment with a lot of emotional support. The cleanse left me feeling great and knowing I did something wonderful for my body. I would recommend it to my friends and family — everyone should do this at least once a year! – R.A.
I do this cleanse every year. Each year I lose weight and get cleansed and then try to hold it all year and add to it the next year. I’ve lost 20 lbs in the last 2 cleanses and now I’ll hold it off, I hope! ~ S.J.
What to Expect From Cleansing
What to expect on the 21 day Detox:
- This is a 21 day commitment to improve your health by detoxing and cleansing your entire body.
- You will feel great after completing the 21 days. Most people notice their nails are stronger, their hair is healthier, and they have more energy. Most patients lose an average of 9-18 pounds during the 21 days while the toxins are leaving their bodies!
- Moderate exercise is very important during the cleanse. Walk 4-5 times per week for 30-45 minutes to promote the movement of toxins through the lymph system. Sweating helps release these toxins. Strenuous exercise is to be avoided during a cleanse.
- Drink 8-10 eight oz glasses of water per day. If you’re fatigued or hungry, drink a shake and a full glass of water. You can drink all the green tea you want!
- Vegetables and fruits only during the 21 day cleanse. Eat twice as many vegetables as fruits. Salads are ideal meal plans using only oil and vinaigrettes as dressings.
- Protein can be added after 10 days of just fruits and vegetables if needed. Start with fish, a 3-4 oz serving twice a day, and slowly add in organic chicken or turkey.
- Absolutely no sugars, artificial sweeteners, refined (white) carbohydrates, fried foods or caffeine.
- If you experience constipation, persistent fatigue, detox headaches or skin problems do not stop detoxing, contact the office, you may need additional support.
What do I do on day 22?
- Congratulations! You have come so far. Don’t take a step backwards. Keep your diet as close to the earth as possible eating fruits vegetables and meats. Organic, raw, unprocessed and undisturbed is best.
- Introduce one old eating habit back into your diet at a time. Going too fast, by introducing too many refined foods at once, may cause rebound weight gain.
- Add proteins back into your diet one at a time. Add organic fish, chicken and then turkey to your diet several times per week.
- When eating meats, eat one bite of meat, then two bites of veggies. This will help you to continue with weight loss.
- I know it is hard to avoid carbs, eat less than 100 grams of carbs per day. This will help you to continue to burn fat.
- Eat ½ size portions.
- Keep walking! Exercise has become habit for you, don’t stop now. If you are able you may add weight training, aerobics and running.
- Avoid mixing high starches with proteins, i.e. meat and potatoes.
- Fruits should be eaten by themselves.
- Continuing the SP shakes is a good source of protein, adding items like sherbet, chocolate rice milk and more fruit to it on the morning makes an excellent smoothie.
- Continue to avoid artificial sweeteners, refined carbohydrates- pastas and breads, caffeine, sugars, soft drinks and fried foods.
You are on the right path to a healthier, more energetic you.