Find relief from persistent symptoms like bloating, constipation, brain fog and more.
Overcome Gut Issues the Natural Way
It’s true, studies show that 80% of all disease starts in the gut. Because your gut produces a large portion of your immunity, any inflammation there has a negative impact on your whole body. But don’t panic! Our team is here to help you naturally reverse your gut issues, like Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), to regain your energy and live symptom-free.
It’s helpful to first understand which symptoms stem from gut imbalance. Common issues include:
- Excessive gas, bloating and cramps
- Food sensitivities
- Skin rashes or breakouts
- Sleeplessness and insomnia
- Joint and muscle pains
- Brain fog
- Anxiety and depression
- Weakened immune system
In addition to these symptoms, diarrhea, loose stools and constipation also indicate a gut imbalance. If your bowels don’t move daily or multiple times throughout the day, then food sits (and rots!) in your digestive tract. Over time, this breaks down the intestinal lining and decreases enzymes, probiotics, and immunity in the GI tract.
If you have the opposite problem of constant loose stools or diarrhea, your body can’t absorb nutrients from your food. Patients with chronic diarrhea are commonly deficient in B vitamins, minerals, vitamin D, iron, and antioxidants.
Sometimes, we see patients with alternating constipation and diarrhea. This can indicate IBS, Colitis, or Gastritis, which are all labels for deeper underlying problems. Both constipation and loose stools must be corrected in order to maintain good nutrient absorption, health, and immunity.
We offer the GI-MAP stool test to our patients, including children. It’s more comprehensive and accurate than other stool tests on the market because it evaluates how much of an organism is present in your sample. We take the precise results and create a custom wellness plan for you.
Whether you have one or more of these symptoms, or more severe cases like IBS, Leaky Gut Syndrome, Colitis or Gastritis, our team of functional medicine practitioners uncovers the root of your gut issues to create a custom care plan using The Infinity Way™.
Our proven process discovers your internal imbalances through lab work and your in-depth health history. Then, we build a custom wellness plan to cleanse and heal your organs related to the root causes of symptoms, and support you with ongoing care.
Build A Better Gut
You are only as healthy as the food you absorb and the environment you live in – physically and mentally. We find that our patients’ gut issues are often caused by:
- Poor Diet: Diets high in refined sugars, gluten, and other grains may cause constipation, gas and bloating because they’re difficult for your body to break down and process. Diets which also lack fruits and vegetables may contribute to poor gut health.
- Stress: High stress levels for long periods of time cause your body to release large amounts of cortisol which causes the gut lining to deteriorate. This can create ulcers and other issues.
- Prolong Use of Antibiotics: Patients who regularly use antibiotics often have decreased levels of “good” bacteria in their gut which causes poor gut function.
- Lack of Probiotics: Probiotics, or “good bacteria,” help balance the gut biome and assist in breaking down food.
- Bacterial Infections in the Gut: An imbalance between good bacteria and bad bacteria may impact gut function and other areas in the body.
- Intestinal Parasites: These organisms infiltrate and feed on their hosts which can drain your nutrients, energy and vitality.
- Candida: This is a fungus that can grow in the gut causing GI distress, weight gain, belly fat and bloating.
These gut stressors, among others, are usually the culprit for general GI issues, Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) and Leaky Gut Syndrome.
Through nutritional response testing, evaluation, stool testing, saliva or blood testing we determine the cause of your gut issues. Using The Infinity Way™, we restore healthy gut function through diet modification, cleansing, or gastrointestinal repair.
Make an appointment with one of our functional medicine practitioners to uncover the root of your gut issues and find relief from persistent symptoms.
Infinity Wellness Center
Austin, Texas 78748
512-291-7702 - fax
By appointment only. Our Herbal Pharmacy is open for walk-ins (for patients) during these hours.
M - 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
T - 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
W - 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
TH - 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
F-S - CLOSED