Leaky Gut Syndrome
We repair your gut lining to help you regain energy and reduce inflammation.
Leaky Gut Syndrome, sometimes known as increased intestinal permeability, can have a big impact on your whole body, but conventional physicians rarely recognize it. Damage to your intestinal lining makes it harder to protect your gut and filter important nutrients and other biological substances.
Consequently, some bacteria, toxins, undigested proteins, fats and waste that can’t be absorbed may “leak” out of the intestines into the blood stream. This triggers an autoimmune reaction, which causes gastrointestinal problems such as abdominal bloating, excessive gas and cramps, fatigue or chronic fatigue, food sensitivities, joint pain, skin rashes and autoimmunity.
Here is where we come in. Our functional medicine practitioners work with you to get at the root of what causes your leaky gut using our proven process, The Infinity Way™.
Learn More About Leaky Gut
What causes Leaky Gut Syndrome? While there isn’t a single cause because it can vary in each person, common issues that lead to a leaky gut include:
- Chronic inflammation
- Adrenal fatigue
- Poor diet
- Food sensitivity
- Damage from taking large amounts of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS) and cytotoxic drugs
- Certain antibiotics
- Excessive alcohol consumption
- Compromised immunity
Left untreated, Leaky Gut Syndrome may trigger or worsen disorders like Crohn’s Disease, Celiac Disease, Rheumatoid Arthritis and Asthma.
Through nutritional response testing, evaluation, stool testing, saliva or blood testing we determine the cause of your gut issues. Using The Infinity Way™, we restore healthy gut function through diet modification, cleansing, or gastrointestinal repair.
Make an appointment with one of our functional medicine practitioners to uncover the root of your gut issues and find relief from persistent symptoms.
Can You Seal and Heal a Leaky Gut?
Yes! Even a damaged gut can be repaired with the right process and supplements. Here are our most common recommendations to heal a leaky gut:
- Supplementation: Glutamine, also known as L-glutamine, is an amino acid that has the ability to heal soft tissue like the lining of your intestines. Combine the L-Glutamine with Aloe Vera, Marshmallow Extract (root), Slippery Elm Extract (bark), and MSM (methylsulfonylmethane). We use a great product in our office that contains all of these!
- Take A Probiotic: Probiotics are full of good bacteria which will help to restore the balance of your gut flora. You want to have a higher count of good bacteria than bad bacteria in your gut.
- Eat Fermented Foods: Sauerkraut, kimchi, kombucha and other fermented foods and drinks help balance your gut flora.
- Decrease Infection: Cleanse your systems of parasites, bacteria and fungus. We have great cleanse options from our trusted supplement brands!
- Cut Out Inflammatory Foods: The less inflammation that stresses your gut, the better it will heal. Inflammatory foods include processed snacks, wheat, dairy, and alcohol.
- Increase Anti-Inflammatory Foods: Consider adding foods that contain omega-3. It’s known for its ability to combat inflammation which helps the gut repair. You can increase the amount of omega-3 in your diet by eating more fatty fish like wild caught salmon or taking a fish oil supplement.
Make an appointment with one of our functional medicine practitioners to begin your leaky gut healing journey. We’ll help you overcome painful symptoms so you can regain your vitality!
Infinity Wellness Center
Austin, Texas 78748
512-291-7702 - fax
By appointment only. Our Herbal Pharmacy is open for walk-ins (for patients) during these hours.
M - 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
T - 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
W - 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
TH - 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
F-S - CLOSED