In my opinion, and according to many medical researchers, there may be better alternatives to the flu shot. Natural remedies for the flu include vitamins C and D, herbal supplements, probiotics and eating healthy. As a flu preventative we are combining two products:
- Winter Balance II
- Winter Tonic Plus
These are to be taken at the same time one time per week from September to May. If you do experience flu or cold symptoms we have the homeopathic remedy Cold & Flu with Echinacea. Upon symptoms take 1-6 sprays orally, four times daily. Can be taken every 15 minutes for the first 3-6 hours the first day
- Regular Chiropractic and Acupuncture check ups.
- Eat plenty of organic veggies and fruits.
- Use homeopathic remedies to ward off colds and the flu! We like Vinco’s Cold, Flu and Echinacea, and Cell Tech’s Winter Balance and Winter Tonic.
- All Immunity starts in the tummy. Take a good Probiotics – Gut Microbial Balance is also SO important!
- Avoid sugar (sugar is found in most processed foods).
- Avoid processed foods. Avoid flour, and carbs,
- Exercise & walk routinely.
- Reduce stress.
- Get in sun at least 20-30 minutes per day for vitamin D3 production or take a supplement.
- Take a fish oil supplement. 90% of ones found in stores are bad (processed and come from bad fish).
- Rest. We can not expect to go a 100mph all the time without our bodies failing eventually. Get enough sleep, and on a good bed!
EXTRA TIPS FOR THE KIDDOS:
- Elderberry syrup – It’s easy to make at home but can also be bought at a health food store. Elderberries contain high levels of A, B, and C and stimulate the immune system
- Boost sleep time. Their little brains are working so hard, and putting out so much energy, so make sure they are getting good restful sleep.
- Washing their hands – often.
- Theives oil (by young living) on the soles of their feet daily. We can order this inour office.
- Summer is over so their Vitamin D exposure may decrease, add 400-600 IU’s as a supplement.
- 85 % of our immune system is in the gut. Follow a diet free of perservative, dyes, and refined sugar. Give them more fruits and veggies!
- Probiotics – Gut Microbial Balance is also SO important! For kiddos look for Lactobacillus and bifidobacteria strains, between 5 and 20 billion colony-forming units (CFUs) per day depending on age.
- Did I metion get regular Chiropractic Adjustments!!