Webster’s Breech Turning Technique
The past few years I found myself caring more and more for pregnant moms and have seen numerous traumatic birth experiences. This has fueled my passion for gaining knowledge of what I can do within my scope of practice to help prepare women for safe, natural, and intervention free births. This passion led me to The Webster Technique, formerly known as Webster’s “In-Utero Constraint Technique” or “Webster’s Breech Turning Technique,” developed by Dr. Webster in 1978.
The Webster Technique is a specific chiropractic analysis and adjustment that reduces interference to the nervous system and balances maternal pelvic muscles and ligaments. This, in turn, reduces tension in the uterus, a cause of intrauterine constraint of the baby, and allows for optimal fetal positioning in preparation for birth.
For over 20 years, it has been highly successful in relieving intrauterine constraint and allowing babies to get into the best possible position for birth.
In past years, it was believed that the Webster technique is only performed in a breech positioned baby. But actually, Webster technique can be used throughout pregnancy as prevention for dystocia. The Webster technique performed by a certified doctor is a non-invasive, safe, gentle and very effective adjustment which aligns the pelvis in all stages of pregnancy, preparing for a non-traumatic, non-invasive delivery.
My mission is to get a woman’s pelvis to function correctly so she can deliver naturally with ease. I would love the opportunity to help your moms needing Chiropractic care
Chiropractic Role in Pregnancy and Birth
To the mother:
- Prepares the pelvis for an easier pregnancy and birth by creating a state of balance in pelvic bony structures, muscles, and ligaments.
- Removes tension on the ligaments that support the uterus thus reducing torsion (intrauterine constraint) to the woman’s uterus.
- Reduces interference to the mother’s vital nerve system which controls and co-ordinates all of her systems and functions.
- Allows for a safer easier birth for the mother, thus decreasing the potential for intervention.
- Reduces Sympathetic Nervous System Stress.
- May help change the position of the baby, eliminate dystocia, and dilate the cervix.
- Controls symptoms of nausea.
- Reduces the time of labor and delivery.
- Relieves back, neck or joint pain.
- Possible prevention of a potential cesarean section.
To the infant:
- Removes interference to the mother’s nervous system allowing for better baby development.
- Allows the baby the room to develop without restrictions to its forming cranium, spine and other skeletal structures.
- Offers the baby the room to move into the best possible position for birth. With proper fetal positioning, there is a significant decrease in dystocia and the resulting birth trauma caused by intervention.
Chiropractic works with the body’s ability to adapt and function the way it is designed to. Chiropractic Care is Vital to the normal physiological function of both mother and baby in pregnancy and birth.
Infinity Wellness Center
Austin, Texas 78748
512-291-7702 - fax
By appointment only. Our Herbal Pharmacy is open for walk-ins (for patients) during these hours.
M - 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
T - 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
W - 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
TH - 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
F-S - CLOSED