1. Drink filtered water
2. Read labels and avoid genetically engineered ingredients. Unless the label says “USDA organic,” any corn, soy, canola, and sugar (from beets, not sugar cane) comes from a genetically engineered crop which have never been tested for long-term safety. While you’re at it, tell the FDA you want GMO foods labeled as such. Join the justlabelit.org movement.
3. Choose local and organic foods whenever you can, and remember that the word “natural” on a label means little.
4. Ideally, meat and dairy products should be certified organic and pasture-raised.
5. Avoid foods and beverages in plastic packaging.
6. Avoid canned foods unless you can be sure the manufacture does not use BPA-lined cans. Go with glass instead.
7. If you drink soda (diet or regular), quit.
8. Get at least 30 minutes of physical activity every day, but do what you enjoy.
9. Practice meditative breathing.
10. Get adequate sleep.
11. Advocate for universal healthcare, clean environmental, agricultural and energy policies. A toxic environment can overburden even the cleanest diets.
12. Get adjusted regulatory to allow your body to be free of nerve interference so your body can properly heal and detox! Read more on the nervous system and healing here