Nutrition recommendations for a healthy, happy you.
While each healing program is personalized to our patients, there are a few common themes when it comes to balancing the body through nutrition.
- Enjoy a diet rich in fresh organic vegetables (5-6 servings) and fresh fruits (1-2 servings) each day.
- Have 2-3 servings of clean protein daily, avoiding meats from animals that were fed hormones, which is all beef and many fish, unless they are specifically labeled as “hormone and antibiotic free.”
- Avoid refined carbohydrates such as white bread, rice, pasta (avoid any “white” food!) corn syrup, white potatoes, processed foods, aspartame and sugar.
- Eat healthy fats as 30% of your daily diet; use Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Grapeseed Oil, and incorporate essential fatty acids in your diet. Pure coconut oil is another great source of good fat.
- Eat tuna and salmon at least once a week (NOT Atlantic farm-raised salmon, which is more commonly found in your local grocery store and cheaper. It does not contain the fatty acids at levels needed by the body, as does wild salmon).
- Stay away from the hormone destroyers: soft drinks, foods grown with pesticides, coffee, foods which contain refined carbs, trans fats, junk food, fried food, hydrogenated oil or canola oil (which is mostly hydrogenated).