1. If you have to take a deep breath between bites, STOP EATING! Your body is satisfied!
2. Chew each bite at least twenty times.
3. Put down your fork between bites. (this gives your salivary glands time to release digestive enzymes to break down any carbohydrates you are eating.)
4. Use your molars to chew and break down your food adequately, your GI tract will be grateful!
5. Don’t drink cold drinks with food. This dampens and dilutes hydrochloric acid, digestive juices, and enzymes.
6. Dinner should not be the largest meal of the day – Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper.
7. If you are upset, angry or in an irritated mood, wait to eat! Your body can not digest well when it is stressed.
8. The best oils to cook with are, in this order:
~butter – organic and non salted
~rice bran oil
9. Add a teaspoon of Flaxseed, Grapeseed or Sesame seed oil to salad dressings for extra anti-oxidants.
10. Steaming is better than grilling, and Stir-Fry is better than Steaming. Stir-fry is best because the food is cooked so briefly that is retains most of its nutrients.
We have so much to be thankful for. Bless your food and eat your food with thanks. As you eat your food, your cells, tissues, and organs are cleansed, strengthened and renewed. See yourself strong and healed this Holiday Season!