1. Supplement with Pro-Cortisol Balance. This product will help bring high levels down and low
levels up to achieve a state of homeostasis.
2. Diet – Make sure your are ingesting plenty of high-quality protein, complex
carbohydrates, essential fatty acids, and proper vitamins and minerals.
3. Do not over train. When you are in a stress state in other aspect of your life you should not
over train physically as physical activity also causes an increase in cortisol. Stick to light
activities such as yoga, chi gong, and walking when under stress.
4. Get at least 8 hours of sleep. You heal when you sleep. This is the time your body
regenerates cells and rebuilds the mitochondria of the cell.
5. Drink plenty of water. Our cells need water to heal.
6. Relax and try not to get burned out easily. Easier said than done I know, that is why there are so many holistic practitioners out there to help you learn to balance your body.
7. Learn the power of mediation. You don’t have to be a Buddhist monk to mediate. In my
office I have very simple techniques I teach patients to use.
8. Stretch. I often give patients stretching exercises to decrease their heart rate and slow
down their system.
9. Have fun. Feel good. Smiling, laughing, and giggling is the best de-stressor out there!